Monday, July 18, 2005

Just a Slip...

Howard Bashman links to a Bush press conference on the upcoming Supreme Court nomination. Any hints? Well, there's this:
And of course I'm reviewing a different candidate. I'm reviewing their curriculum vitae, as well as their findings. I will sit down with some and talk to them face-to-face, those who I have not known already. You know, we've got some people that -- perhaps in contention that I've already spent time with, that I know; in other words, I'm familiar with some of the people that are being speculated about in the press. And so I don't need to interview those. But of course I'm going to take a very thorough approach.

The familar face is obviously Gonzalez, no surprise there. But do any of the folks on Bush's shortlist, besides McConnell, have a C.V. of any length? To my knowledge, he's the only one with significant academic experience?

Or am I reading too much into it?

No comments: