Thursday, March 22, 2007

Distractions

Apparently, Las Vegas does have enough to do to distract me from blogging. Who knew?

I have to say, though, I don't really like gambling. I don't consider myself an overly competitive person, but I don't like participating in activities that I know I won't do well in. Like chemistry. Or frisbee. Or gambling. Obviously, I am never going to "do well" in video poker. Yet I feel like I should be playing to win. So it's stressful, and I don't enjoy it.

That doesn't mean Vegas is a bust, of course. There is still plenty to do aside from gambling. I saw Lewis Black do stand-up last night (great) and will see Jay Leno tomorrow. I also rediscovered my love for pinball--which is a surprisingly cheap way to spend the day in this town, which sucks your wallet dry like nothing else (ask about the $5 glass of coke my brother got). Today is a lazy day--which is cool too.

Maybe I'll even blog.

No comments: