Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday Begins!

Sorry for the lack of posting. Carleton's mid-winter break (and mid-winter ball!) was this weekend, so as far as I'm concerned Monday was an extension of the weekend. Meanwhile, some exciting (but distracting) news kept me occupied. Long story short, I was gone, but now I'm back (at least until I leave to caucus in Minnesota for Obama).

In the first results of the day, Mike Huckabee pulled out a win in West Virginia as John McCain supporters broke away to vote for the Arkansas governor. It's possible they were voting strategically to deprive their biggest rival a primary win, but this USA Today article (via friend of the blogger Jim Kiner) notes that there actually is a surprising amount of overlap between McCain and Huckabee voters already.

No comments: