Friday, August 07, 2009

For The Win

I have to think that he thought of the title first, and then dreamed up an article to go with it. Still, nicely done (and it isn't even forced!).

Tom Lininger, Sects, Lies, and Videotape: The Surveillance and Infiltration of Religious Groups, 89 Iowa L. Rev. 1201 (2004).

The only article title I can think of better than this was my ex-roommate's proposed senior thesis title. It was, in part, about medieval iconography of a particular choir of angels often represented as serpents. Hence, its title: "Snakes on a Higher Plane."

Alas, it was too tangential to the main thrust of his argument. But it lives on in my memory.

1 comment:

PG said...

Ever since I read his article on "Prosecuting Batterers After Crawford" for my journal to publish (alas, it eventually went to 91 VA. L. REV. 747), Lininger has been one of my favorite lesser-known legal writers.