Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Errand Boy

Yesterday was a productive day. I ran some errands in Hyde Park, including picking up my cap and gown for graduation. I had lunch at the Original Pancake House which, with the closure of Calypso, becomes one of the few worthwhile aspects of that neighborhood.

I started playing God of War III, which is okay, but not fabulous. I don't find the controls very responsive (particularly after playing Assassin's Creed, where movement normally felt very natural). But I do enjoy eviscerating a host mythological creatures in a variety of graphic and gruesome manners.

Finally, I got some graduation gifts yesterday, including a Kindle, which I'm still trying to figure out how to use. But the highlight was a gift from Jill -- a water bottle sporting the smiling face of Professor Farnsworth and the tagline of this blog! It was fantastic -- creative, funny, and something I would have never thought of on my own but am now thrilled to own.

Thanks honey. I love you.

3 comments:

PG said...

KINDLE!

Is it with the international 3G? I *love* mine. Having free 3G service everywhere from Hong Kong to India to Spain is awesome.

David Schraub said...

I have no idea. I still haven't gotten used to using it yet -- let alone experimented with fleeing the country.

PG said...

:-) You should know whether it has 3G by the type you got. Didn't the packaging say?